Leaked Negotiating Texts Proposed by the United States
- Advanced Intellectual Property Chapter for All 12 Nations with Negotiating Positions – August 30, 2013 consolidated bracketed negotiating text. Leaked November 13, 2013.
- Proposed Text for an Intellectual Property Chapter – Main U.S. Leaked Text, dated February 2011
- Intellectual Property Rights Chapter (Selected Provisions) – Selected provisions on IP and pharmaceuticals, September 2011.
- Copyright Limitations and Exceptions – US proposal, August 2012.
- Proposed Text Pharmaceutical Pricing Provisions
PIJIP Analysis of Leaked IP Chapter Provisions
- Sean Flynn. Brief Overview of Top Concerns with U.S. Leaked Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) Intellectual Property Proposal. November 15, 2013.
- Sean Flynn. A Positive Agenda for the TPP. February 14, 2012.
- Sean Flynn. Public Interest Analysis of TPP Art. 4; (in the U.S. Proposal dated Feb 2011). June 28, 2012.
- Sean Flynn. The U.S. Proposal for an Intellectual Property Chapter in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement. December 4, 2012.
- Sean Flynn. Changes in U.S. Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) Proposal Needed to Accommodate Copyright Policy Proposals. May 21, 2013.
- Sean Flynn, Margot Kaminski, Brook Baker, and Jimmy Koo. The U.S. Proposal for an Intellectual Property Chapter in the Trans-Pacific Partnership AgreementAmerican University International Law Review, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 105-202, 2013.
- Letter from Profs. Peter Jaszi, Michael Carroll, and Sean Flynn to USTR Ron Kirk on Limitations and Exceptions to Copyright in the TPP. September 8, 2013.
- PIJIP Law Student Research on Leaded Provisions
- Jimmy Koo. Section by Section Analysis of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. April 2011.
- Jimmy Koo. PIJIP Trade Agreement Table Updated: Compares TPP, ACTA, TRIPS, US-Chile FTA. May 24, 2012.
- Carrie Ellen Sager. TPP vs. ACTA – Line by Line. March 2012.
- Jimmy Koo. RIAA Suggestions for ACTA that are Re-Appearing in the TPP. June 6, 2012.
- Carrie Ellen Sager. TPP Effects on the Laws of Canada and Mexico. April 11, 2012.
- PIJIP Documents: PIJIP Letter signed by 30 law Professors Urging Greater Transparency in the TPP. (see also, USTR’s Response)
- Legislative Efforts to Ensure Transparency:
- Issa, Canada, and Mexico All Denied TPP Observer Status; Congress Continues t Seek Greater Transparency
- Letter from Over 130 Members of the House of Representatives Seeking for Greater Transparency in the TTP
- Senators Call for Increased Transparency, Including Broader Consultation on Internet Freedom
- Senator Ron Wyden’s Introduction of Congressional Oversight over Trade Negotiations Act, May 23, 2012
- Rep. Walter Jones’s Resolution on increased transparency in the negotiations of TPP, 112th Congress, 2d Sess., H. Res. 767 IH, August 2, 2012
- Senator Ron Wyden’ Keynote Address to the National Foreign Trade Council on Trade Promotion Authority, October 9, 2013
Proposed Provisions for Pharmaceutical Reimbursement
- PIJIP Documents
- Sean Flynn, Mike Palmedo and Krista Maier. The Korea-US Free Trade Agreement Threatens Federal “340B” Discounts for Medicines for Low Income Americans. March 2011.
- Krista Maier. The TPP May Affect the Medicare Part B Program. June 2011
- Sean Flynn. Statement: Leaked US Proposal for a TPP Pharmaceutical Chapter. October 22, 2011.
- Sean Flynn. TPP Negotiators Turn to Pharmaceutical Reimbursement. March 4, 2012.
- Civil Society Documents
- Todd Tucker, Public Citizen. Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership rules could undermine drug cost containment provisions of Medicare, Medicaid and Veterans’ Health, hurting seniors, military families and the poor. June 14, 2012.
- Deborah Gleeson. Analysis of the June 2011 leaked TPP Transparency Chapter Annex (Annex on Transparency and Procedural Fairness for HealthCare Technologies). September 7, 2012.
- Oxfam. Oxfam Analysis of US Proposals for IP and Pharmaceutical Pricing Provisions in Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Negotiations. No date.
- Government Officials’ Documents
- Letter from five state legislators to US Trade Representative regarding TPP and pharmaceutical pricing. September 16 2010.
- U.S. State Legislators’ Resolution Opposing the Inclusion of a Pharmaceuticals Chapter in the Trans-Pacific Partnership. January 21, 2011.
- Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin letter to President Obama. June 1, 2011
- Related documents from state legislators on the topic of U.S. trade policy threats to pharmaceutical discounts negotiated by state governments.
- National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices testimony and resolution
- Rep. Mark Pocan and 35 other lawmakers’ letter to Sander M. Levin on TPP and Trade Promotion Authority, June 7, 2013
- Senator Elizabeth Warren’s letter to Mr. Michael Froman on TPP, June 13, 2013
- Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL)’s Public Statement on secrecy of TPP, June 18, 2013
Medicins Sans Frontieres Documents
2012 issue brief, 2013 briefing note, and 2013 open letter to Obama (the same as was sent to the heads of government, ministers of health and TPP lead negotiators for all 12 TPP countries) highlighting MSF’s assessment of the leaked TPP texts.
- Francisco Rossi. Colombian Citizens Paid US $ 412 Million EXTRA Due to Data Exclusivity. April 29, 2013.
- Mike Palmedo. Trans Pacific Partnership Negotiations and the Controversial Issue of Pharmaceutical Test Data Protection. May 17, 2013.
- Mike Palmedo. Do Pharmaceutical Firms Invest More Heavily in Countries with Data Exclusivity? 2013.